Thread: Doulas
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 09:21 AM   #3
lutgen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Doulas

If I has another one I would absolutely hire my same doula again (Although DH is snipped.... so that would be )

I'll put my experience down in a little bit - but to save money - you can ask for a doula in training. One that is trying to get enough hours to be DONA certified.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyway - I had SPD very bad during pregnancy #3 and we knew that the chances of me not walking after labor were pretty huge (I could have had a complete tear of the Pubic Symphysis joint)

I knew also... that I have a fairly curved pelvic bone which both of my 1st two got stuck under....

So.... in comes a doula - I researched and had to find one that specifically knew how to deal with SPD. One that listened to what positions the PT told me were bad and the Marla provided the alternatives.

She was soooooo sooooo sooooo wonderful. She was worth everysingle penny we paid. $700. yes, $700.

My birth for #3 was wonderful - no drugs, on a birthing stool (one that was high enough that I was sitting without ever having my knees go above my hips - very important) she gave me things to do like - put the weight in your heels. When the nurses were trying to get me out of the bathroom, she was like - just give her a minute, when the nurses thought Hannah was not ready yet, she was like - yes she is.... (I went from an 8 to having her in 5 minutes) (considering I pushed for 4 hours with H1 and 3 with H2 - that was a miracle)

And I walked out of there!
lutgen is offline   Reply With Quote