View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #14
Shawna in CA
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chocolate Cupcakes (vegan but oh so gooooooood)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persikka View Post

i bought 1 of the last 2 in stock copies on amazon.com today (i also bought vegan cupcakes take over the world)... i can't wait to get my books!!

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I swear, all of Isa & Terry's books are ALWAYS on a kitchen counter somewhere. They never get put away, and one of us is ALWAYS grabbing one of the books, then checking to see what's in the cabinets to make whatever sounds good at that moment.

OH!!! A new book that I keep forgetting to mention is called Yellow Rose Recipes by Joanna Vaught. This book is BRAND NEW, and just came out in December. You may enjoy this one, too, so keep it in your "someday," list.

The recipes in this book don't cost a fortune to make, and they're all really good, down-home-style recipes. Sort of like a "real food for real people," kind of collection. Baked mac & cheese, tortilla soup, raisin bran muffins, sesame green beans, almond milk gravy (what she uses for biscuits & gravy), & all kinds of really cool stuff.

Quote:
i picked up vegan with a vengence yesterday and was reading through it last night... i'll be buying that one (and maybe eat, drink & be vegan, or vive le vegan, or i dont know - LOL) after dh's next pay peroid (he can count it as my anniversary present - lol)
LOL! You won't be sorry. It's really good. Everything in it is so flavorful. I haven't tried anything from the other two books you've mentioned, but they are supposed to be really good books, too.

"If we switch to eating a vegan diet, we no longer have to "save the planet". Veganism allows the planet to save itself." ~~ Jeff Popick
Shawna in CA is offline   Reply With Quote