View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 02:50 PM   #11
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

Re: TTC - Tandem Nursing

I just wanted to chime in on this one too. I'm about 11 weeks and have a 23 month old who's still nursing. I was/am still somewhat concerned about how this is all going to play out. Like your child - when I got pg DD still nursed quite a lot and it was a pretty significant source of her caloric intake. She also nursed to sleep for naps and bedtime and during the night.

My observations - she has definitely upped her intake of solids and other liquids, but she hasn't really reduced the # of times she's asking to nurse. She still nurses off to sleep and at night. She may not be getting as much, but clearly the comfort aspect of it is still very important to her. Honestly I dont' know what will happen, and I'm a little intimidated by the idea of tandem nursing (esp. at first while trying to juggle a floppy necked newborn).

It has also been a little uncomfortable for me physically, but not too bad. I will say that my pg symptoms so far have been mild to non-existant, so I don't know if my experience is typical.

You might also like to check out this Nursing while PG Support Thread.

Good luck!

Katie