View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 08:43 PM   #10
crystaldawn_23
Registered Users
seller

Re: The "~$5 Meal Ideas~" thread...

We have breakfast for dinner once a week (or every other week). Generally I can make waffles, french toast, pancakes, or omeletes with fruit and sausage for way under $5 and my kids LOVE to have "breakfast for dinner" Dh was resistant at first but now loves the specialties that I come up with.

Spanish rice for sure it cheap and a hit here.

One of our favorite one pot/cheap meals here is bacon cheeseburger pasta. I use about half a pound of ground chuck, half a pk of bacon cut up and browned. Half a pound of pasta cooked(or whole pound if you want leftovers). Mix all together with a can of tomato soup (plain) and cover with a little cheddar cheese. Then I usually add a little bbq sauce. Dh loves it.

Dh also requests meatballs that I make with rice krispies, I make homemade bbq sauce to go with it and they are so good, add a veggie and bread if you'd like and you're all set.

I use the crock pot a lot for soups. and make bread to go with it. Or soup and sandwiches are good too. I usually make something a little more special when making it for dinner.