View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #2
MommyMommyMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: NYTimes article on breastfeeding READ IT and comment!

Interesting article. Sad that it seems to work that way. My first two kids would never latch on so I pumped exclusively and they took breast milk from a bottle. With my second child, I went back to teaching as a substitute when she was about 4 months. I only worked one day a week and only pumped one time (when the students were at lunch). The classrooms had one door that didn't lock (they were in circular buildings and the middle of the building was a teacher workroom and the doors into that room didn't lock) so I ended up pumping in the bathroom of the computer lab standing up 'cause the outlet was too far away from the toilet for me to sit down.

I've been lucky enough to stay at home with my youngest and the only time I've ever pumped with him is when he was just a few days old and had jaundice so bad that he wouldn't wake up to nurse, so I pumped and we just stuck a bottle in his mouth. Only that one time and I bawled the whole way through! I can't bring myself to pump since this baby finally actually breastfed! Much to hubby's dismay, me and my man Cal are never apart for very long
MommyMommyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote