View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #96
Dishka
Registered Users

Re: People actually think this???

Sounds like maybe she wasn't breastfed enough (or at all) as a child
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblesmama
It gets better, hun. You will LOVE it and it will be the easiest thing in the world. You can be 'lazy' like some of us that EBF and co-sleep and not get up at night. Trust me, if your dc and you get really comfy-cozy bfing lying down, you will get 'lazy' too.

Laziness aside, it is the most endearing, wonderful experience I have ever had in my life. I love the moments she is nursing and I am NAK or reading or something and I realize she has stopped. I look down and she is just looking at me, studying my face, gently touching and exploring my arm. I smile and don't say a thing and her eyes just smile back and then that beautiful happy grin appears. I reach out my hand and spread my fingers and she reaches up and gently explores each finger until her hand is facing mine, palm to palm. At night when all the lights are down and there is only the warm flicker of the fire (or the soft light of the monitor ), it is only her and I and we have those moments, just staring into each other's eyes, not uttering a single sound. There is this primal tug in my heart, in every fiber of my body and soul, where I KNOW this is what I should be doing and where I should be. There is nothing on this planet, in this universe, that could possibly break the bond of that moment. If this is wrong to be with my child like this, I don't want to be right.
Very well said, this describes exactly the nursing relationships I have/had with my babies.
Dishka is offline   Reply With Quote