View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
Sunshinesmiles22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: newborn clothes...what do I need to get?

We were pretty minimalistic with ours, and I still have too much! Go figure!

I would say that I love pj outfits. I think Carters makes them and they're basically long-john style outfits. We have them with t-shirts and long sleeves. I love them for their accessability (for diapering and ec'ing). Ours loves footed sleepers, but they're a pain for in/out.

Gowns are nice, too, but our little one always ended up with them around her chest (even at a young age).

A lot of times, we do t-shirts or onesies (unbuttoned most of the time and tucked in), with pants or shorts over. I love the 2-piece outfit thing for ec'ing. I love to pull down the pants and potty baby right there. It DOES help to have pull-up style dipes/trainers. We started with the regular diaper thing, but now LOVE trainers with a pull up cover (when we're out). They also make them with it just one piece. Cloth inside and out, with a pul (waterproof-mostly) in between the cloth. You can get them with side snaps, too. You said you have your cd stash set, but keep this in mind. You can always sell easily (or use those when out and about) and do something more like pull ups at home.

Also, another clothing piece that's good is the one piece outfits. Rompers, I think. I didn't notice whether you're having a boy or girl, but I think they make them in either. We do this sort of thing around the house a lot (if you want clothes on for some reason)--unbuttoned. You can do the same thing with a onesie. Some people like a bit more modesty for some company. We LOVE nakey butt time, but sometimes we do a bit of clothing for some company. People have hang ups!!

Let me know if you need more info. We have a 10 month old, so we've tried lots of different things. Just know that you NEVER need as much as you think you do. We've bought so little, but stuff just appeared (maybe garage sales helped a bit!! LOL). Anyway, we like less stuff, so err on the side of NOTHING and you'll end up with plenty. I will say that she stayed in the 3-6 month size a LOT longer. Needless to say, that size stuff got washed a LOT!!

Oh, we had a bunch of hats (somehow), and our little one didn't use more than 2 or 3 of them (EVER). Never used the mittens/scratch gloves. A lot of long sleeved things come with fold down things for the scratching problem. Just keep that in mind

Last edited by Sunshinesmiles22; 02-05-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Sunshinesmiles22 is offline   Reply With Quote