View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 07:19 PM   #8
sdevonh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help!! DS cries when I put him on potty

I started EC with Devon when she was four months old. We used the big potty with an insert for several months. I don't think she really grew to like the BB potty (we have the BB big potty) until she was about nine or ten months old. She would cry sometimes, even when I put her on the potty with the insert. We spent a lot of time reading books (which was hard to do without dropping her in ) and singing songs. If she could not calm down after a minute, I would take her off and try again another time. There's plenty of time for your LO to get used to the potty, and you don't want your baby to start thinking of it negatively. I also found that putting the potty in her play area and having a basket of books and toys that we only used during potty time really helped. But I'm sure that someone mentioned that already. Try your best to stay patient and make these times fun. I'm sure you're doing a super job!