Thread: ECing a newborn
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
ocanfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
ECing a newborn

So, my little boy is here! I had every intention of ECing him from the get go...but am now a little nervous. I do have an idea when he is about to go and have a feeling I'll be starting soon with him...but after having him circumcised, he hates to be undressed or changed, so it's hard for me to keep up with taking his diaper on and off. He does seem to hold it for a long time instead of little pees and makes an awful screech just before...cause the little guy is in pain (I'm so sorry little one!)

It's cold in my house too, and I don't want to keep him coverless all the time. I have been having him in a prefold without a cover and then putting a blanket over him, but when I think he has to go and I try, he screams because he thinks I'm gonna change him.

I didn't really didn't buy any covers because I thought I'd be doing EC from the start...I was thinking of just getting some lightweight wool interlock covers that I could put on him, maybe even under some of his sleeping sacks....

Any suggestions? I really want to EC...should I just wait until things calm down and I get used to having two little ones? I'm thinking I'll definitely doing it with him in the spring and summer when it's warm...does this make sense?

Polliwogs Recycled Wool Slippers
ocanfield is offline   Reply With Quote