View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 03:45 PM   #4
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling less than adequate (as a Mom) Re: P.A.T

I've never even heard of P.A.T... but I know how you feel about that kind of stuff. But I mean, come on... how important is waving bye bye??? For one, I know good and well that Bram can immitate things but he doesn't wave bye bye because we never DO that. Usually the only person that ever says goodbye to him is DH and they don't wave to each other, they KISS and HUG goodbye, kwim? So he's never really had a chance to learn it!

With the sitting up thing, do you wear him a lot? I always wanted to wear Bram but since he has a physical disability, I resisted the urge and started putting him on the floor as OFTEN as possible, practically from birth. He started sitting up at 5 and half months old even though his legs barely work. The nurses at the pedi couldn't believe it at his 9 month check up and I was like "well, he's been able to do that for a while". And they said that they have a lot of neuro-typical kids that can't sit up yet at that age and its due to being worn all the time (or in the cases of the opposite extreme, kept in a bouncer or something all the time, but I'm sure that's not what you do!).

Walking and talking I can't really help ya with because Bram probably won't be able to walk for at least a year or so and he's not talking either.

But anyway, I wouldn't worry too much. If he can imitate other things (like showing him how to use a toy and then he does it, or at least tries) then he's probably just fine. And he probably just needs more time on the floor on his tummy to work those muscles he need for sitting up.

He'll get there, don't worry.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote