Old 02-16-2008, 07:40 AM   #11
eringobragh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NIP: To cover or not to cover...that is the poll question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulusmom View Post
I am totally philosophically opposed to covering up. It's my child eating, for goodness sakes', and she shouldn't have to be forced to eat underneath a blanket because society has sexualized her food supply to the point that it's somehow "wrong" for her to just eat in public.
I totally agree lulusmom. At first I covered up and still do at resturaunts. DH is unsupportive of nip at resturaunts (which is, of course the main place we nip) because he thinks other people are going to see my breast. It dosen't even make sense...he's from Europe for crying out loud where naked breasts are acceptable, lol! At the beach anyway....and some tv.

The thing that changed for me was when I went to the LLL conference in Cocoa beach this past year, I went to Heather Cushmann-Dowdee's seminar. She's the cartoonist/activist that does Hathor the Cow Goddess. It really got me thinking that nip is totally making a statement for the environment.

It's pretty huge to not use a year's worth of formula that has to be manufactured using who knowswhat techniques and probably cows milk, then packaging and shipping and finally waste that goes to the landfill. If we nip, we are making a statement like Tara said "to make others more comfortable with the idea" and maybe someday, hopefully someday nip will be as mainstream as ff'ing. Just think how much better it is for the ecology.

I just want to add that I hope I haven't offended any mamas who ff. They are just doing what is right for them and and thier family. I just wish for the same consideration and acceptance for mamas who bf in public with thier own discretion.