View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #11
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oh no! DD got caught STEALING!!!!

Having to face the teacher will be alot of humiliation and sometimes, that's enough to get the point across. Maybe the thought of having to own up in front of the teacher will sink it in that stealing and lying isn't right. Then having to say it to her friend, then her friend possibly getting into trouble will be another helper to sink the point in.

The punishment you've already given with the no TV, no computer, cleaned out her room, face up to the teacher is pretty good. It's something I would do.

You've done the right thing with telling her of the Commandments and how there is no "it's kinda ok in this situation" type deal. I have always like the "What part of thou shall not didn't you understand..." and "The 10 Commandments are not the 10 Suggestions" (two of those God billboards, know what I'm talking about?)

You are doing the right thing mama, and I'll keep you in my prayers as the month of September might be a long one for you.