View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 08:18 AM   #1
ahisma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Update!!! WWYD? Due in 5 weeks, diapers lost!

Update!

They're here

Murphy's law...as soon as I post they show up! Thank goodness they aren't in the cargo hold of a plane somewhere. I think that thought is waht really drove me nuts!

Here's DH's email response when I told him...even he's been worried

Quote:
cool!!!!!
whew!!!!
relief!!!
we must celebrate this momentous arrival of the diapers with dinner this evening!

I'm due in 5 weeks, but expected to go early, probably in 2-3 weeks, although obviously that's not a definite thing.

I ordered a bunch of prefolds from a co-op (not DS) and they are lost in the mail. Totally lost, the PO told me that they are probably shoved in the corner of a cargo hold on some airplane and it may take a while for them to be "discovered". They were shipped priority with DS and insurance, but it's too early to make a claim. At this point they are just about 2 weeks late.

So...should I make other arrangements, or wait a bit longer? Obviously I could use sposies, but I really don't want to b/c I'm concerned that it will make it tough to convince DH to switch once they arrive. I just don't even want to start that habit.

I *could* buy more IPFs I suppose, but money is tight (my student loan got held up and we purchased my law school books with cash...not cheap). Plus, I'd wind up paying far more than the co-op prices, and then I would be stuck with extra diapers when the co-op order arrives (if it arrives). But, obviously I need diapers.

Here's what I have on hand now:

IPFs, etc:
24 infant IPFs
6 Disana organic tie-nappies
1 bumGenius! one size

Newborn size:
5 kissaluvs 0s
1 nanipoos nb fitted
8 assorted nb covers

Small size:
6 covered caboose hemp fitteds
1 WAHM flannel fitted
6 didee-snugfitteds (I don't have much faith in these)
9 assorted covers

I also have a few miscellaneous mediums, but that's not a concern right now.

Here's what is in the missing box:
36 preemie IPFs
12 infant IPFs
24 regular IPFs
6 premium IPFs
20 pins
10 deodisks
1 diaper sprayer

So...any suggestions? I'm expecting the baby to be 6-7 lbs, if that helps.

Here are the options suggested by DH
1) Try to make what we have work.
2) Order 1 dozen preemie IPFs.
3) Use a diaper service for the first month (MIL *may* pay for this)
4) Use sposies.

Okay...I'm sorry that got so long, I have a habit of trying to include as much pertinent info as possible, and it's been quite the saga

Last edited by ahisma; 09-08-2006 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Update
ahisma is offline   Reply With Quote