View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 08:48 AM   #1
widdletigger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am so tired of doctors

A little background. My son started to sound congested like he had a cold a little over 2 months ago. He is now 7 and a half months and we are still dealing with this. I hate that they can't give us any answers!

We are going down to John Hopkins Hospital for a Cystic Fibrosis test. This is our second. Our new Pulmonologist at Hopkins doesn't trust the original CF test done at Winchester Medical Center. Ugg. I was really hoping that she could help us with answers but so far she seems just as unable to help as every one else. At our inital apointment with her on Wednesday she orderd a chest x-ray. Since DH missed the first one and I knew what was comming I suddenly had to use the bathroom. I left my DH and my son to deal with the x-ray tech alone I feel a little guilty now but DH has missed all the blood draws, the x-rays and everything hard. That was the first time he had to be there for something. He also missed our first sweat chloride test . . . he is comming with today.

I knew that being a mom would be a challenge but this seemingly endless maze of doctors and medical mess is starting to get to me. I feel like this could go on forever with no answers. Afer this test she has like 2 or 3 more ideas what to test for. Im glad she is taking it seriously. His breathing is a concern, and now she says he has failed to gain weight for so long that she conciders him a case of Failure to Thrive But I just want some answers, yet it seems like the further they dig the more questions we have.

Thanks for letting me vent. I guess I just needed to get it out, Im also curious if others have had experences like this? Do you just learn to go with the flow? do you learn to negotiate all the medical talk better? I allredy feel like Im getting good at reading an x-ray