View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 09:01 AM   #1
mamamac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Using prefolds vs kissaluvs fitted or contours

I hope I posted this in the right forum, as I am new to this.

I have a daughter (14 months) that I started CDing around 4 months when she was about 20 pounds. I started with FB and then switched to Bum Genius and Happy Heiny's. Now that I am expecting another girl in July, I am looking forward to using CD right away, but I need some advice.

First, I want to keep the price down and I don't want the new baby to stain the BG that my daughter wears. So I figured I would purchase a few covers (Proraps or Bummis), but now I have no idea what to use for the diaper. I have heard so many different things about prefolds and kissaluvs, that I am now so confused!

How "messy" are prefolds with BF poop? Do the Kissaluvs Contours work like a prefold? Do the Contours hold in just as much as a fitted? Do you think it would be a bad idea to buy size 1 Kissaluvs due to the size of my last baby? Again, I am trying to save $$, and I don't want to have to buy more diapers 2-3 weeks after the baby is born. Are there anyother brands like Kissaluvs that have good reviews? How is folding the prefolds to put in the diaper? Would my husband try to avoid that part?

Any advice, suggestions, or anything would be awesome! Thank you in advance.
mamamac is offline   Reply With Quote