View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 05:27 PM   #8
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you feed your baby besides formula or breastmilk?

I have the Super Baby Food book and we love that! Ethan is 8 months and I make him the "Super Porridge" for breakfast every day. Its a porridge I make myself from either brown rice or rolled oats. I then add a Vitamin C source and a Vitamin A source. Usually its sweet potato and kiwi. I also add some tofu. Sounds gross, tastes good. He eats yobaby yogurt, cottage cheese w/ fruit. He loves it when I bake a potato and mix it w/ brocoli. I have a Magic Bullet blender and its so easy to use and clean. Sometimes I put chicken w/ the baked potato and broccoli. He loves orange slices in the mesh feeder, as well as banans. I do alot of fruits that I cut into little pieces and feed him. He gets an egg yolk a few times per week (as per Super Baby Food instructions). he's a good eater so far and he really likes fresh food so much more than the jarred stuff I used to use. I use jars when we go out, but he definitely prefers the fresh. I started solids at six months.