View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 02:09 AM   #5
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:
Re: I've decided to get a new doc

{{{HUGS}}} I can't even imagine how frustrating this is for you

I was really happy with the care I got from Dr. Mahaffey in Georgetown during my pregnancy with DD.. his office isn't terribly busy like most Austin area OB's are, and they're really good about getting you in fast for appointments and taking their time with you while you are there. I don't know if you are set on a woman OB or not, but he does share his office with a woman doc (but I only met her once, when she was on call and I had to go to L&D).

If you're going to be moving up here, I'd definately consider going to him His office is inside the hospital (upstairs from the ER), and Georgetown hospital was soooooo nice to deliver in - a total difference from when I had DS (in a bigger hospital in Austin). They even have whirlpool tubs in the rooms! I never got to use one, but it was cool that they were there You also stay in the same room the entire time you are there.. no moving from a delivery room to a postpartum room, you can totally settle in.
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote