View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 11:50 PM   #197
Michelle_M
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: i just want to ask...why only when its medical?

Ok, I didn't read all of the posts that answered this, so forgive me if I'm saying something you've heard a hundred times.

First of all (and I don't have any kind of medical degress so this is just my opinion), there are different classifications of "medically necissary." Mental health is just as important as physical health. Breast feeding is tough, believe me!!! I am bf'ing number two and there are, honestly, some times when I resent it.

It honestly seems to me that you really were emotionally and mentally unable to breast feed, and that is just as "medical" as if you couldn't produce milk.

It's true that in most cases breast feeding is best, but there are times when it's just not, as in yours.

You are not a bad mamma for choosing to FF instead of BF!!! And I truly hope that you realize that. Your husband leaving and your g-ma dying is enough stress to put anyone into a depression, but then throw your past into the mix.. and well, it just isn't good.

Good for you for finding the inner strenght to be a survivor! I can't say I know how you feel, but I know it must have been difficult to move past it and get on with your life.

So don't throw yourself into even more turmoil over this! You did what was best for YOU, for YOUR baby, and for YOUR family! Don't EVER EVER EVER feel ashamed of that!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to you mamma!

God bless,
Michelle
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote