Old 09-13-2006, 07:40 PM   #3
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Doula ?

I am a Doula and regardless of how you are planning on delivering a Doula can be very beneficial. Of course everyone knows about the doulas role for the "normal" labor and delivery. But Doulas (a good one anyway) can really help with c-section births also. I would look for one that possibly aslo does some postpartum care. A doulas job is the Mama, always the Mama. She is her main focus and often in C-sections the Mama gets lost in it all. She gets left alone many times- she is groggy- nursing staff perhaps isn't as helpful as they should. When baby comes and daddy goes off with baby to make sure all is well, your Doula will stay with you. If they can not be there in the operating room the will be waiting for YOU right outside. They remain with you making sure your needs and care are still being met. Helping you in anyway they can from medicated, groggy, transports from rooms or within room to just sitting by your side to make sure you are warm and secure. If you are having a bad side affect to anything she is there to help you through that as well.
Often the Mama can feel very isolated and alone ofter a section and a Doula can definately help with that!
And if you do tey for a home or hospital natural birth, which I think is awesome!, she really is a great tool to have at your side!...Minda
MyGlorylife is offline   Reply With Quote