View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
zuma54321
Registered Users

Ok Canadians - teach me your shipping secrets!

I sold my first diapers today and went to the Post Office to ship them. It ended up costing me $7.20 to ship 2 diapers in one envelope plus $1.89 for the envelope via ground mail through Canada Post from Ontario to New York. I ended up turning down the delivery confirmation I was recommended to get because that was an extra $6.50!! I knew Canada Post was expensive, but this seemed ridiculous to me. How can delivery confirmation be 75cents in the US and $6 here?? Insane!! Are there some secrets I don't know about? I will be wanting to sell more diapers in the future as DS outgrows them, but at this price shipping will cost almost as much as I would get paid for the diapers yielding me no profit (luckily the ones I sent today were expensive diapers so I made a little money back). I am thinking $2 for an envelope is rip off and I will have to try to come up with a better solution for that. How are any of you making any money selling from Canada? Or are you just selling the diapers out of the goodness of your heart so someone else can get some use out of them? Is shipping cheaper if I would have sold them to someone in Canada? I guarenteed DH that I would make nearly half the money I spent on these cloth diapers by selling them when I was done with them, but now I am thinking I won't make a cent. Tell me what you do and how you make this profitable. Please!
zuma54321 is offline   Reply With Quote