View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 05:44 PM   #12
ewebabymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: for mamas who take their babies to well child appointments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn5388
You know, my mother was told I was going to go blind within a couple years if i didn't have mine fixed, I was a small child then.. My mother didn't have the surgery.. and I have perfect Eyesight.

I'd be researching anything they might suggest for treatment.

I've never had problems telling when someone has lazy eye or not. Mine is Very slight, and i've had people ask me if I knew I had it. LOL
Miranda has a slight case herself, although it's never been Diagnosed. Well, besides anyone but myself. lol

The doctor told me if she gets a lazy eye we will do lazy eye drops or a patch, he never said surgery at all.

As far as always being able to tell if someone has a lazy eye, you may need to do some research about the differences between amblyopia, or lazy eye, and strabismus, or crossed eye. Having a crossed or turned eye does not deem you to have lazy eye. Also, you can have lazy eye without having a turned eye, which makes it very very important to me to make sure my daughter is watched closely. Having a turned eye does not always mean you have less than perfect vision. Lazy eye is caused by a variety of things, one of which is having different vision in each eye where as strabismus is caused when the brain doesn't develop in the appropriate way or from muscles keeping the eyes from turning in the same direction.
ewebabymama is offline   Reply With Quote