View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #14
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Canada Travel Warning

WARNING: SARCASM IMMINENT! (please don't get offended, I don't mean to offend if you are Australian, or not!
I actually checked out this site. Listen to this part:
"All oceanic regions of the world can experience tsunamis, but in the Indian and Pacific Oceans, there is a more frequent occurrence of large, destructive tsunamis because of the many large earthquakes along major tectonic plate boundaries and ocean trenches."
If anyone knows anything about terminology... "tsunami" is the name for these ocean storms in the Pacific Ocean ("hurricanes" in the Atlantic... though they are the same kind of storm, different ocean)

"Australians are advised to maintain a safe and legal distance when observing wildlife, including marine animals and birds. You should only use reputable and professional guides or tour operators and closely follow park regulations and wardens' advice."
Good advice, because our marine animals and birds have a special taste for Australians! But how do you keep a "legal distance"?

"When you are in Canada, be aware that local laws and penalties, including ones that appear harsh by Australian standards, do apply to you. If you are arrested or jailed, the Australian Government will do what it can to help you but we can't get you out of trouble or out of jail."
LOL Australia was originally a place to put European criminals... need I say more? But what laws and penalties are "harsh by Australian standards"? All I can think of is the Simpsons episode with the big boot.
<-- darn those terrorists!