View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
sloutre
Registered Users

Re: Share how you got started ECing

Hi,

We started at 6 weeks, after reading Diaper Free while I was pregnant.
I wanted to start slowly: offer pottytunities whithin 15 min of waking up in the morning and big nap, and everytime I changed her diaper.
The first day, I held her above the sink during a diaper change, cued her and she peed, I was thrilled.
We soon ended up doing more than just offering at wake up and during diaper changes but I keep my expectations low. That way I don't get tense or insistent.
A few weeks later, after reading some other stories on the EC mailing list I decided that it makes sense to start nighttime EC now that she is not moving much. So I layed a folded fleece blanket on our bed. She sleeps in a cloth diaper without a cover. Everytime she nurses or stirrs too much at night I take off her diaper, hold her over a little Ziplock container between my legs and cue her. From night one, she was dry most of the night. If I notice that she peed in her diaper, it;s not a big deal, I take an new dipe in my bedside table, change her in the bed and know she will be more comfortable and sleep better.

SInce I started EC I cannot stand leaving my daughter in a wet diaper, so I did a lot of laundry at the beginning. Now she's 3 months, I know her rhythms better and I use smaller 'diapers' that old only one pee, thus dramatically reducing the volume of laundry.
And I'm in the process of transitioning to training pants
sloutre is offline   Reply With Quote