View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 04:22 PM   #11
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 12 month shot questions...

I'm reading 'A thoughtful parents' guide to Vaccinations' now (have put off our 6m vax till I can finish ) and it's MOSTLY unbiased. Gives points on both sides.
From what I've read, Rubella is only dangerous for fetus', so children are immunized in order to not give it to PG women. It wears off, though in those children, so they have to be re-vaxxed when they're of childbearing age, in order to benefit from it. On that one, I decided PG women can get their own shots before getting PG and DD can get her own when she's older, if she chooses to. I see no reason to give it to her now.
Measles and mumps, as PP have said do not appear to be the life-threatening diseases they once were (that's all the info. about them I've memorized and the book's in the car )
We decided we won't be giving the MMR down the road and my ped doesn't seem to be concerned (though he was about 2 others, so it seems he's only pushing for the ones he's actually worried about.)