View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 01:33 PM   #8
Nebula
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: husband thinks cosleeping will mess with baby???

I've co-slept with all of my boys and I have happy, well-adjusted, very independent young men, ages 10, 8, and 4. They are definitely paragons of testosterone production and we've had no "cutting the cord" issues around here, thankyouverymuch to your DH. I am now co-sleeping with my new daughter. Personally, co-sleeping or not, I think 5 months old is a little early for Dh to be worrying about clinginess issues - she's a BABY. BABIES need closeness and care, especially if they are to be strong and independent down the road. This can be done co-sleeping or not, but I'm with PPs, co-sleeping isn't really a factor in a child being clingy or whatnot. Right now, I'd just say it's age.

Oh, and all of my older children co-slept with us well into toddlerhood.

Your DH, however, may be using the clinginess argument to cover a personal dislike for co-sleeping. Some husbands just don't like the thought of sharing the marital bed with a child, or are in other ways uncomfortable with it. Perhaps he worries about safety or something else. Perhaps he just wants a break when he slips into bed at night and isn't wanting to sound mean about it. These are important feelings and should really be considered. Perhaps you two could come up with some sort of compromise? Co-sleeping doesn't need to be a all-or-nothing proposition. Hopefully you two can work this out for the benefit of the entire family.

Last edited by Nebula; 03-15-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote