View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 08:50 PM   #10
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: husband thinks cosleeping will mess with baby???

I've coslept with Kearnan since he was born, he is very independant. However I have coslept with Tharen since day one and he is clingy. But he is also 2, Kearnan is 6.5, so there is a huge difference there. I have a good feeling that Tharen will not be clingy in the years to come. I can tell just by the way he acts that his recent velcro routine has more to do with his new developmental strides (giving up the paci and potty learning) than with an actual temperament. But then Co-sleeping has always seemed natural to dh and I. My mother co-slept with me, and with my brother, and with the two of us together, when we were kids. Up into my teens if I was sick my mother would sleep with me in the bed in the guestroom in case I needed her in the night. And guess what, I'm not clingy, I'm not needy. And you can ask anyone, I am far from wussy. I'm independant and daring and dh claims a bit militant. I believe in myself and my ideals and I don't let people push me around. My parents and I have a healthy relationship, not codependant or weird or anything. So no, I don't think you sleeping with your 5month old will irreperably harm her in anyway.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote