View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
passthepickles
Registered Users
Formerly: shannbannan
seller

My Mood:
HELP! I have to give my three year old a suppository!

My son Hayden just had the second of a series of surgeries on Thursday monring. He did fine all day Thursday and Friday, and then yesterday afternoon he strted vomiting non-stop. He hasn't pooped since his surgery and he throws up every time he sits up (even clear liquids.)

Other than the vomiting and consitpation- he is fine. No fever or anything. I called the surgeon that performed his operation, as well as his pediatrician and they both recommeded a glycerin suppository to help with the constipation (which also may be a reason he is vomiting.)

HOW THE HE** do you give a three year old a suppository? I am trying to prepare him, and I already told him that his butt has to take medicine. He thinks that's funny, but I have a feeling that it will be no laughing matter when it comes time to put it in.

Any tips? Should I have him laying down or something? Ahhh! I am so nervous to do this to my poor baby!

HELP!!!