View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
gracenglory75
Registered Users
seller

Question Purple Leg on Infant!?

I feel like I'm going crazy!

Last night at youth group, the teen girls wanted to hold Miracle. Not unusual. Well, I gave her to the most responsible one and then went to the kitchen to sort out a ruckus out there. Heard Mira screaming, ran back in. I wasn't too alarmed. Separation anxiety seems to have kicked in the past week or two and I thought that's all it was.

I took her and her screaming got worse. DH took her, and even that did not calm her down. I happened to notice her leg while he was holding her. It was deep purple!!!

We put her on the kitchen counter and sure enough, it was purple, esp in the lower part.

I took her upstairs and put her to breast to try to calm both her and I down and THINK about what to do next. All I could think was her ankle got broken somehow! She nursed in between shuddering cries.

Our youth leader's wife came to look at it, said, "oh my" and we decided an ER trip was in order. On the way, screaming stopped, and Mira dozed off.

Got to the ER and I peeled the blanket off to show the admitting person. Her leg was back to normal! No sign of anything unusual! The nurse looked downright mad and asked, "First child!?" I said yes, and she said (while rolling her eyes), "Oh. That explaines everything. Make up your mind and tell me if you want her to be seen or not." and walked away.

I was SO upset by her rudeness (I mean, she could have at least asked me clarifying questions like, "what happened? How long was it purple? what was she doing when it happened? etc ").

At the same time, I was glad Miracles' leg was ok but felt like I had lost my mind!

(We left the ER by the way, esp because as we walked in, a stand of yellow face masks greeted us, with a huge yellow sign that they were experiencing a severe outbreak of flu and the masks were for our protection while in the ER!!!! This is the same flu bug that made me stay home from church in the morning because it is just so severe when people get it and we didnt' want me or Mira getting it.)

The only thing I can think, somehow her circulation got cut off when the teen was holding her, and made her leg purple and maybe the prickles you get when blood starts flowing back to a limb that has fallen asleep, is what made her scream!?

Any thoughts?
Chuck's Bride. BF'ing, delayed vacc'ing, no circ'ing, CD'ing, gardening, natural living Mama to Miracle and Mason (2/7/11) with two angel babies, Daniel (8/05) and Nathaniel (7/13/09 ruptured ectopic pregnancy)

Last edited by gracenglory75; 03-17-2008 at 08:52 AM.
gracenglory75 is offline   Reply With Quote