View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 05:25 PM   #31
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do I handle this? Disturbing to say the least....

I'm so sorry you are going through this... I know its very scary. I would really talk to your brother though because it really sounds like to me that they need to find out if anyone is hurting that boy. It probably *is* just curiousity but it *may* not be.

Anyway, the reason I say it may not just be curiosity is because the same thing happened to me when I was the same age as your DD only the boy was also 4. (Ok, what I'm about to say might disturb some people and its really bad... so beware.....) He used to bring me in the bushes and pull his pants down and ask me to do things to him. Well, I was a little smart @$$ so I would always just say "do it yourself" and he's say "please, my Nana does it." (Yeah, I know, messed up...)

****OK, aweful part over***

And at the time, I didn't understand but after I was MUCH older I realized that that kid was probably being abused. And I feel really bad to this day that I didn't tell anybody because I may have could have got him out of that house if anything really was going on, but, ya know... I was only four.

But, all that being said, I just wanted to add that I'm not scarred or anything from any of that... maybe because I was so young and didn't understand at the time. (And he never touched me or anything.) I mean, by all means, protect you daughter... I just thought it might make you feel better to know that she's probably not going to be severely traumatized or anything.... I mean, you know your daughter though, so talk to her and find out what she's really got on her mind about it, kwim?
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote