View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 07:07 AM   #1
connorsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What could this be? may be tmi...

Ok, We will start like this...

for the past week or so, my son has had a cough and runny nose. He doesnt have a fever and has been eating great, so i really havent thought much of it.
Last night, he was at my in-laws while i was working, and my MIL said he threw up out of nowhere, and projectile vomited all over their bed while they were laying with him watching tv.
again, i didnt think much of it because my son has a really bad gag reflex, and when he gags on something (mucus, food, whatever) He literally emties his stomach, the kid has never been able to just throw up a little.
Then i brought him home, and put him in bed. I turned the moniter on because the dryer was going and i wouldnt hear him otherwise. so I was sitting on ds, and all of the sudden i heard him choking, so i ran in there , and he had thrown up all over the place. and he was choking on his vomit. So i took him out and got him all cleaned up and tore his bedding out, and replaced it. I gave him a bath, because he was all gross, and i wanted to keep him up for a while to monitor him. Then he went to bed, no problem.
All this time... he has no fever. I am worried a little, i am going to call the dr when it opens up to get an opinion on whether he should be seen or not.
and here is the worst part.
He woke me up this morning at 6am, crying..go in there.. the kid is covered with poo. His bedding, his clothes... everything. and it stinks like a fishy smell.. very watery diahrrea. NASTIEST I had ever experienced. and it was like he emptied his whole system out. so I threw him in the bath again, ripped his covers and bedding out... threw it all in the washer (two cycleS! ) I was really tempted to throw his diaper out, but i didnt... all i have to say is thank god it wasnt a goodmama!
and now he seems perfectly fine. no fever... up any playing and laughing. So i dont know what this could be. I tried looking it up, but nothing seems to have the symtoms of Cough, runny nose, diahrrea and vomit. I cant figure it out. maybe the flu?