View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #1
zosiasmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone with a bi-polar teen or have experience with one?

Ok so long story. My brother has 2 teen boys from a previous marraige. The youngest is 16, we will call him S. He has been in and out of trouble for the last few years. He cuts stuff up, spray painted a rivals garage and has cut holes in his bedroom wall with knives..among many other things.
So my brother wanted to move closer to his work, he was commuting an hour and a half. He and his wife have 2 sons, 4 and 1 year old. When they moved to the new place S did not like his new school, he said people wanted to fight him and he doesn't want to fight. After a few months, he cut up a couch in the living room and my brother had enough. He allowed S to go back to his old town and live with his best friends family. It was going ok then my brother got a call that S had taken the fathers cross bow and shot an arrows through a family heirloom wordrobe door. They were sending him back.

So my mom was there the other day when S was there, she talked to him and he said he doesn't know what is wrong with him. He said that as far back as he can remember he was always fascinated with guns and knives and wanted to do stuff with them to stuff, not to people. He said he knows that something is wrong with him but he doesn't know what. But that he doesn't want to be around people. They make him feel weird, except for his little brothers who he adores.

So I emailed my brother last night to ask if they had taken him to see a doctor. I got this as an email:
Took him to our DR who said he thinks S is
Bi-Polar.
Giving him some meds. Still thinking about what the
next step is. His attitude is awful. I want to help
him, but it may get to a point where he'll have to
leave. He's running out of options.

I am heartbroken. I mean I am not in the situation to know how bad it is, but to just give up on your kid when he is obviously ill and needs help. I just dont get it.

A few other facts that may add to the whole situation:
1. S was diagnosed ith ADHD and has been on meds for a few years, helped a bit with school.
2. My brothers wife hates S and they havee had a long standing rivalry.
3. S's mom did drugs while pregnant.

So I am hoping that someone can point me in the direction of some place for them to get help, information...anything.
Thank you so much, Danni

Want to know about making money with ChaCha? Ask me!
I made $350 last month!Hits4Pay Want some Moola?
zosiasmama is offline   Reply With Quote