View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 08:09 AM   #2
mama2cody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone with a bi-polar teen or have experience with one?

Oh Danni. This sounds eerily similar to Shawn's nephew, the one I told you about. Except that T used to hurt people and animals when he was younger, and I'm 100% sure there was no drug or alcohol use, just cigarettes. It is such a hard thing to deal with.

I wish I had some advice or information to give. Right now, we try to see what is positive about T, instead of always dwelling on what is negative. I know that is so much easier said then done. I see a couple things positive in this situation: S doesn't have an urge to hurt people, and things can be replaced. Your brother WANTS to help S, and just needs support to do that.

What bothers me is that you say your SIL hates S. Is she unwilling to see that he needs help? She is allowed to have her feelings about people, no matter what they are, but she needs to see that her attitude towards S is not going to make things better. She doesn't have to like him. But he IS her stepson, and therefore a part of her family. IMO, she needs to try and be part of the solution.

I feel for your brother. That is such a hard situation. For me, I always feel good having a diagnosis, like you can move forward from there. I hope you get some answers for him. Please keep me updated. for your brother and his family. I don't envy his position.

I don't know if that makes sense or if it's just rambling but Cody is peeing on stuff so i gotta go clean it up.

Aaaaaaand he got my couch.

Last edited by mama2cody; 03-20-2008 at 08:10 AM. Reason: fixed spelling
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote