View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 06:13 PM   #6
mamamac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: can i do anything to help me lost weight

I hear you on this one. Personally I am scared to death to take anything like a diet pill while bf. All my other friends quit breastfeeding and all started some liquid diet for a week. Obviously I'm not going to do that either. I have started to reading about how to eat right and cook more at home, not the frozen stuff, fresh stuff. Just within 6 days, I have lost 4 pounds! Don't get discouraged. It is very easy to do. Only weigh yourself 1x a week.

Here's more what I have done/still doing...switched using sugar with Splenda, started drinking Sierra Mist Free (no sugar, no calories, no carbs), using "Smart Balance" butter and their peanut butter, eating 4-5 small meals a day, put snacks (whole wheat pretzels) in a small baggy and put the big bag away, for a chocolate fix - Jello sugar free pudding. When I need my caffeine fix, I drink a cup of coffee, 1/2 decaf & 1/2 regular, or I drink 1/2 a can of Pepsi and throw the other 1/2 out.

More tricks - drink room temp water as it will fill you up faster, same with apples and raw carrots. Bananas can be misleading, they are loaded with sugar, so only eat 1/2. My new favorite bread is a 12 grain by Brownberry.

Exercise - it is very hard with 2 little ones, but get them involved. I do leg lifts on the floor with my toddler doing the same as we do tummy time for the baby. I have small weights (3 and 5 lbs) and do arm exercises as I read to them. Then every night (as long as the weather is nice) we go for a walk. If we go to the park, we walk the path and then play on the playground. It helps to have someone to walk with, because as you talk you won't realize how long you have walked. I also use an exercise ball. They are about $25 and worth the $$. You can do so many exercises on those. I haven't done it yet, but I bet if you google "simple home exercises" or "exercising with baby" a ton of stuff will come up.

I hope this helps and didn't get too off the subject.