View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
jensenlife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
what to do when baby favors one side?

i just had my baby this monday and shes doing good but i am sooooo engorged, and she is sooo tiny, 6.8 and so my breasts are like 12x bigger then her head but she is only latching on on my right side...she will on my left side for a few seconds and then she just kinda stops and sits there. she doesnt really fall asleep, just turns her head or opens her mouth and puts her lips on me but doesnt stay sucking for more then a few sucks. i do recall this same thing happening w/ dd#1 but i dont remember really what i did or didnt do to stop it. any suggestions? anyone have this problem. i am really trying not to make BFing so stressful this time but i just want it to work so bad! also even when she does stay on, like on the other side, it's only for 5-20 minutes. she s so tiny i just hope she is gaining weight. we have a drs apt monday so we will see but i remember dd#1 nursing for like 45 minutes at a time and #2 its only 5 minutes sometimes and she wont go on again. she just sits there or lets the milk drip in and then drools it out. HELP! thanks in advance mamas!