View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 02:53 PM   #15
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Inform me on FF/RF in carseats please..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SativaStarr View Post
Back in 2002, I was 18 and driving home on the freeway (65 mph) with my best friends 9 mo daughter FF in an old Century T-shield carseat that Id bought for 2 bucks from the thrift store. Beflore y'all throw flames, I was young, childless and seriously didnt know any better. BUT the seat was installed correctly and securely with just seatbelt (this seat and my car didnt have tethers). Anyways, a deer jumped out, I slammed on the brakes, and my car spun around several times, colliding with the gaurdrail on 3 of 4 corners. I figure the car was going at least 40 at the time of impact, and the car was TOTALED. And guess what? Baby Cass emerged from that accident completely unscathed!! Well she did have a tiny mark on her shoulder from the strap because it was resting on her bare skin,but it didnt even phase her. Of course I realize I did LOTS of things wrong in this situation, but i like to share my story as a testament that FF is SAFE, and that a PROPERLY INSTALLED carseat is truely what matters.. not RF/FF or how expensive your seat is.
That little baby was VERY lucky ESPECIALLY at that age and FFing - MANY would not be so lucky. FF at the RIGHT AGE is safe, yes, that was far from a safe age to FF. So yes she was VERY LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES RFing IS way safer! As is a properly installed seat and a SAFE carseat (sheild carseats are not safe to use) (I know this was awhile back)