View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #21
Mamas2Hands
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: bf'ing and biting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaci View Post
DS just cut his second tooth (first at four months, second at five months), both are in the front on the bottom. I'm worried about biting, particularly with him being so young and possibly not being able to put the no bite, no food thing together. Anyone have babies cut teeth really early?
Babies are REALLY smart when it comes to food. And if he hasn't bitten yet, don't worry too much. Teeth don't always equal biting at the breast.

Bottom teeth aren't too much the worry if you work with his latch. That little tongue should be covering them when he is working on dinner. I always had good latches from my boys when they were that little, biting usually became more an issue when they got about 8-9 months old.

They also had really strong suction, so if you need to take the little "nipper" off quickly it usually works best to slip you finger into the back part of thier mouth to break the suction. Like popping a little cork. Just try to stay calm and be consistent. Baby will figure it out very quickly.

HTH
Mamas2Hands is offline   Reply With Quote