View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 07:27 AM   #10
mamamac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP?

IMO (no I am not a Lactation Consultant, but I am a Pumpin Mama) - I would explain to the teacher that you are a breastfeeding mama and you need to pump during break. Explain that it may take 10-15 minutes, maybe even 20, but that you would be right back. Find someone in the class that you can copy notes from or bring a recorder. See if there is a room or office that you can pump in (don't use the bathroom unless you absolutely need to) or if you park close, use your car. I would pump until your done. That way you can have some milk in storage for the next time. Or if you are able to feed him before you leave, pump the other one at the same time. That way if he gets hungary he can have a little snack before you get home. Then as soon as you get home feed him again. About the whole bottle thing...my daughter will not take a bottle from me, but will take one from my husband or caregiver. It took her awhile to figure it out, but when they're hungary they will eat, no matter where it comes from. It will get easier everytime you go to class, hang in there.