View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #13
PeanutButter'sMommy
T the Terrible Two
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwestern Vermont
Posts: 4,798
Re: D&C Question...

I personally would wait before you opt for a D&C. I say this because: 1) I agree, it sounds like you would be feeling too many what-ifs should you go ahead with it right now, 2) if there is no baby, even if you start m/c on your own, I can tell you having just m/c basically a sac with a VERY little embryo that it was really not much worse than my worst period to date. I have been bleeding about a week now, and it is very heavy at times but it is manageable and I have only had to lay low at home one day when I passed the products of conception. I have gone about my life as normally as possible, and while I was ready to jump and have a D&C last week when I was told I would miscarry, I'm really glad I waited and that it happened naturally. It definitely gave me closure and I know that it was the right outcome for this pregnancy.

I don't know if that helps, but it being so early I wouldn't expect a natural m/c to be debilitating if that is your main fear. Many many many and I hope everything turns out to be nothing in the end.

ETA your hCG levels can be very telling as to whether you will m/c, i would assume they are monitoring those??
__________________
Robyn, Mommy to T , wife to Shawn TTC #2!!!

Last edited by PeanutButter'sMommy; 04-03-2008 at 11:08 AM.
PeanutButter'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote