Old 04-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #17
nattysmum07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: D&C Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsdtm99 View Post
I had a similar experience with an ultrasound at 10 weeks 5 days.. showed no baby, by that point, i was spotting and knew we should see something.. i wanted to wait a few days on the D&C and i ended up m/c naturally at 11 weeks .. now, i don't know if i could have made the decision to have a D&C that fast.. but i sure wished i had.. my m/c was horrible .. it was like 6 hours of labor and bleeding so heavy that i just had to sit on the toilet .. i could not care for DD at all for 4 hours of that and i was completely wiped out from blood loss for 2 days after that.. i couldn't even walk ..

so. if you don't have the help, and you start to have spotting.. i'd recommend you go for the d&c, i was 'lucky' in that i spotted for 4-6 days before the m/c .. if you want to wait an extra week and have an extra u/s to make sure there is no growth/baby i don't see anything wrong or crazy about that at all .. i'm just saying all this because a natural m/c can REALLY be painful and traumatic and no one told me that when i was making my decisions..

I had a nat m/s at 8 1/2 weeks and I, too, was stuck on the toilet. Luckily my DH had just gotten home from work and then after all that bleeding I went in to the Dr's office a few hours later and they used forceps to pull the rest of the tissue out. It was all very painful.
The 2nd time was 9 1/2 weeks (there was no h/b and they triple checked it over the course of a few days and the last was a high tech u/s and still nothing). I had a d and c for that one & I never bled after the 1st day or had complications.
I do think you are still a tad early, so I would wait it out another week at least. GL to you and