View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #15
cathysizer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am a horrible person for not being thrilled about being pregnant?

<sigh> My son recently weaned, he's past two, I'm pregnant, same deal supply dropped down. I'm still sad about it, it's like we're "apart" now. I know my son is much older but I still feel like our nursing was cut short in some ways. he still wants to nurse but there's just nothing there )-: I don't know how it would've affected me if he had been one or younger while pregnant but I can say it still bothers ME even with him at this age. I think if I had gotten pregnant much earlier I think I'd try to tandem nurse if it were me, but then my son is an eager nurser even when there's nothing there.

BTW when my friend was pregnant with her first she didn't like being pregnant at all. She said one of her coworkers admitted the same to her so it's not that uncommon. I'm not so sure she's going to have another one. She just did not like being pregnant. But I do remember when she returned to work when her daughter was eight weeks old, we both cried that day. She quit not too long afterwards and is a happy SAHM.

I don't mind the pregnant part, I just hate the attitude of others part. Like I'm an invalid or fragile or something. If I need help with something I'll ASK thank you very much. So needless to say I haven't told many people I'm close to that I'm pregnant <grin>. That's my strategy and advice if it would work, just don't tell anyone so they won't be SO THRILLED and you won't have guilty feelings for not being thrilled or have to act different than you really feel. Plus you won't have to explain why you're pregnant so soon after the first if anyone asks (and they probably will <grumble>).

Last edited by cathysizer; 04-07-2008 at 11:41 AM.
cathysizer is offline   Reply With Quote