View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 01:29 PM   #6
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:
Re: need some help with my little one

My ds would get a horrible "sore" like blister or something on the tip of his "private" after being in a FB w/ mf insert (like MOE) all night. Not to mention the foul smell coming from them! I couldn't figure it out either.

The doc said to use a diaper rash cream with zinc oxide in it for the sore/rash (they said it was a form of a rash just in a different place). I of course had to use a liner to prevent the stuff from getting on the FB. The cream worked but if I didn't have it on him every naptime and at night time he still woke up with a sore.

I then stripped my dipes, my mf inserts and changed soaps and the amount I was using w/ no avail. I was using Era (and too much I think and wasn't doing a 2nd or 3 rinse). I bought Sun hoping that after I stripped my dipes the prob would go away. It didn't. I stripped the inserts and got some sportwash on them and the dipes....and no change. And the mf inserts still stunk when he'd pee on them even 1x. I wondered if it was the mf inserts causing the sore.

Yesterday I boiled all of my mf and hemp inserts to DEATH! No more stinky inserts! I washed and rinsed them w/ no soap in the wash after I stripped/cleaned my washer and they are smell free and residue free now and I hope that will resolve the problem. (had to clean the washer as even after boiling them and getting all the residue off there was still bubbles in the wash and rinse cycle and I didn't use soap. I wondered if my washer had soap residue built up on it too so I did that first and then washed the inserts.)

I just did this yesterday so I don't know if it will help the sore issue after wearing a CD at night but I will update here tomorrow to let you know how it went. I am hoping it will help the stink issue....that was horrible to smell....

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!

Last edited by Bare Bottom Gear; 04-23-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote