View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 06:12 PM   #33
MelissaCoffey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mom's of young teen girls.. need some advice..

I hope this doesn't come across as mean or snarky or anything, but a very humble suggestion. If I were in your situation I would buy a card....to apologize. I know it would never be the intention of a mother to embarass her child, after all to us this whole privacy thing is brand new....we've changed their diapers, dressed them, fed them, just taken care of their every need. But to her (I remember this so clearly with my mom) you are invading her space right now in an uncomfortable manner. I would just very simply write that you are sorry for making her uncomfortable, spell out anything you want to say about the bra situation in plain words and leave it with an invitation to talk to you or leave you a note if she needs anything else. My mother completely made a big deal out of it and it was mortifying and I felt uncomfortable from that moment on. I still do not want her in any of my private business because she made me feel awful during that time in my life. And I can honestly say as a mother now it was the way she handled it that has made me guard my sexuality, any detail of it, from her in any way, shape or form.

Good luck Momma