View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #6
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

Re: cosleeping: how do yo wean them???

We didn't cosleep on purpose with dd#1, it just happened, but as soon as I became preggo with dd#2, we knew we had to change it up. We slept our dd#1 on the floor on a homemade cot. It was made out of a lambskin and wool conforted folded into 4ths and on top of that went a huge king size comforter also folded into fourths, then her sheet, blanky and pillow. This "cot" was placed next to our bed. She would wake in the middle of the night and come into our bed, but the closer she got to being like 2 1/2, the more we walked her down to her cot. She has now been sleeping in her big girl bed since September. She naps and nightnights there so there is no confusion. No cosleeping with #2. I put her in the bassinet from the start. I was home before being hospitalized for like 6 days after her birth and sometimes, I would bring her into bed because she would sleep all night and I would just wake to nurse her, but I'm glad that my hubby kept her in the bassinet for the 2 months that I was in the hospital because she doesn't expect to be rocked or soothed to sleep. She much prefers to sleep in her own crib and has been sleeping through the night without ever having to wake and cry it out since she was 3 1/2 months old.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote