Old 04-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #9
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: More support please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathersmoker View Post
Have you tried a nipple shield? This really helped me out with number 4. I did exclusively pump for my second for about 6 months. Make sure you have a good pump if you do that. I did'nt. Now I do! So much better! I hope it works out for you!
I was going to suggest a nipple shield too. I know they aren't ideal, but I would definitely do it as a last resort, and it would be a lot easier than pumping exclusively. I've had a lot of nipple pain with my new baby and one day I just couldn't take it anymore so I bought a nipple shield. I only used it a few times but it was enough of a break to let my nipples heal a bit and made the next time nursing without it a little more bearable.

The other thing I was going to say, which you may not want to hear, is that sometimes babies just need to grow out of it. They are learning too and get better with time. My good friend had horrible pain until her dd finally figured it all out around 4 months. She was on the verge of quitting the whole time but made it through and now they are still going strong at 15 months. She also used a nipple shield as a last resort, and only for short periods of time before returning to regular nursing.

Hang in there mama, !!

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote