View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
Monzie
Registered Users

Re: C-section and b-fing getting nervous help !!!!!

The best thing I did was hire a lactation consultant (a real IBCLC one) to come to my house on the day my milk came in. She basically set me up with several different holds that would keep the baby off my incision, then she checked the baby's tongue and palate, made sure he was latching correctly, and gave me tons of great advice. She left me her emergency number and said I could call her any time I needed her, day or night. We didn't have any problems, but it was SO reassuring to know I had a professional who could help me if anything went wrong. I took the baby to her office when he was about 4 weeks old and she taught me some new tricks that we're still using. I seriously LOVE that woman. You've reminded me that I need to send her a thank you card.

Oh! And I bought a My Brest Friend pillow and it was great. Its firmer than the Boppy (its made of foam rather than squishy batting) and you can buckle it on higher and tighter than a Boppy, which helps keep the pressure off your incision.
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote