View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
Liam'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: C-section and b-fing getting nervous help !!!!!

You keep the faith woman! You have already demonstrated you are strong and you will be able to BF this baby. I had a cs in October. I was soooo disappointed. My first son has special needs and was whisked away from me right after I delivered him. I wanted so badly to have the moment with my next LO when I would deliver and get to hold my baby on my chest and revel in his birth. Unfortunately, he had other plans. He was breech with his little foot coming through toes first. So, when my water broke I had a cs 3 hours later. However, with the incredible support and advocacy I received from my doula and my DH I was able to have baby on my chest and nurse him in the operating room, just moments after he was delivered. He latched on and went to town right away. I did have troubles nursing him after I got home but consulted a local lactation consultant repeatedly for assistance. That made all the difference in the world. I'll PM you her e-mail because she may be able to help you out that way, or help you find someone local as good as she is. Just repeat the mantra my doula gave me when I freaked after it was confirmed my LO was breach (my intuition told me he was and finally the dr. did an ultrasound), "I trust myself. I trust my baby." Trust yourself and your baby. You have it in you to successfully breastfeed no matter what! If it doesn't work, though, don't beat yourself up. It doesn't mean that you didn't do all you can. I'll be sending positive vibes over the weeks to come!