View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #14
texanntx
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: I need some help here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by APmommy712 View Post
I was on WIC and saw a bfing peer counselor several times! They also introduced me to a great LC and well, here I am today still breastfeeding my 21 month old. So I know personally that great things can come from programs like this.

Our WIC office also has a rewards type of program for bfing. Their benchmarks are 6 wks, 12 wks, 6 months, 1 year I believe. They collected a ton of local donations for things us moms would enjoy. (Haircuts, messages, free dinners, movie tickets, etc).

I love the idea of tying in your rewards with attachment parenting things, like slings for babywearing. I would say ask local business for donations first and then go from there.

Good luck, this is such a great idea.
Yes, make local contacts, Walmart gives donations, I think you have to go there at the beginning of the month (every month) to ask for what you want. Also, think about asking your local quilt guild to donate quilts! If there is an American Sewing Guild chapter in your area...ask about bibs, receiving blankets, diaper bags, tote bags, burb rags. Think about church sewing groups (almost every church has one). If there is a local yarn store...how about seeing if they have a group that could make blankets or hats, or botties.

I liked the ideas in the quote above for haircuts, massages, movie tickets, etc. All good ideas too.