View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 08:45 PM   #42
Harmony96
Administrator
April customer kudos - save $20 on complete brush set!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why was my reply deleted in a thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by topazdodge View Post
I know that sometimes there is a fine line between spam & just regular chat and that it's easier to just draw a clear line instead of trying to determine whether things are spam on a case by case basis. But I don't think we should have super strict rules about "spam" that end up restricting wahms from discussing their products with others on the regular threads instead of just in pms.

And I really hope there's nothing wrong with people doing raves and posting love for their favorite wahms. I have my favorites and I give them a shout out every chance I get. I don't think of this as spam, I think of it as sharing information about great diapers with other DS mamas. Again, this is a big part of what I come to DS for and it keeps me coming back to DS.
First paragraph... definitely. I mean, even in Craft Chat, WAHMs are allowed to post their creations, even yet-to-be-sold creations... just so long as the when/how/why/where of the selling part is kept on the downlow.

Second paragraph... spam is self-promotion, so any random user is completely welcome to post raves about their favorite WAHM, since the random user is a third-party and doesn't benefit financially from posting about the WAHM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Heather~ View Post
A: Ooo I love that set you are going to be stocking, if I wasn't on the wagon and it was a 12 months
B. I am going to be making some 12 months too.
C. Ooo I love that and can't wait, I need a 12 month too. I'm stalking that stocking.

Helpful post to anyone else who was wanting a 12 month from the WAHM in her stocking. No transaction, only information.
That particular post really is borderline spammy. "A" was just casually talking about the stocking, not really actively asking the WAHM if she'd have a 12-months or saying she was ISO a 12-months (she said that she's on the wagon even). Like see the difference between the above and this one:

Random Poster: That set is so pretty, but it's too big for DD. Do you have plans for a 12-month size?
WAHM: Yes, PM me for more info.
Random Poster II: OOooh I want a 12-month size, too... I'm PMing you too.

That's not spam.

Random Poster: Look at this set that I got from GoogleZazz! I really love how those ruffles are tiered like that.
GoogleZazzWAHM: Thanks. I made a few of these sets for DD and am glad that others are liking them too.

That's not spam either.

Random Poster: That set is so pretty, but it's too big for DD. Do you have plans for a 12-month size?
WAHM: Yes, in that fabric and then in this other fabric too. And I'm also going to do an 18-month size on April 29, then in May I'll have lots of boy stuff coming out.

That's an obvious example, but you can see that it's spam.

WAHMs may answer direct questions asked of them on the thread. That's not spam. It becomes spam if they give a bunch of extra information, or even IMO if they respond to a comment w/ info about their stocking/sales/etc rather than respond to a question.
Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and #5 due in November!
I'm an Independent Younique Presenter. Come see natural-based skin care and 3D Fiber Lash mascara!
Join my team. Get paid daily, starting as soon as 24 hours after sign-up!
I'm also looking for "testers." Click here if you're interested in free stuff.