View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 11:26 PM   #22
3boysmom
Registered Users

Re: heres another question? medicated or non medicated birthing?

I've given birth twice so far (due in aug) both times have been drug free. With my second, I had pitocin as well(also an evil evil evil drug IMO)

I was very intent on having natural childbirth, with each of my boys. Even though I am really young (19 with my first, 22 with my second and will be 23 with our third), I found that once the DRs & nurses knew my wishes to be unmedicated, for the most part they left me alone.

Its hard, and it hurts. Let's be honest. It's labour. It's scary. And unfamiliar. I don't know a single person in the world, not afraid of the unknown.
Do your research, and make the best decision for you and your babe, mama.

Ask yourself if you will regret it?

I almost caved during my first labour and got the epi, because my contractions were one on top of the other, and I had alot of back labour. However, I was well past the point of anyone being able to do an epi for me, and typically, when you feel you have nothing left, and you can't take anymore, you're in transition and babe will be born before you know it!

It honestly, is the most horrific pain I have ever experienced in my life (and btw, Im a wimp too ), but it's absolutely pain with a purpose, and one of the most incredible and amazing things in the world to experience. The high you get after giving birth, knowing YOU just did that! YOU gave life to that beautiful little babe. There is nothing else like it in the world. Taking that experience, and being drugged.. not something I wish to ever experience.

Good luck with your decision making, mama!