View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
I'm Considering Putting Him in Daycare Part-Time

Andrew just turned 2 in March and he seems to be getting bored. He doesn't have anyone to play with in his age range (at least not very often), although we do play with him a lot, I just don't think it's the same though. When we go anywhere, whether it be the grocery, doctors appt or park, if there is a another little child present his little face lights up and he immediately tries interacting.. It's so adorable and he's so mannerly. The other day at the drs office he was patting the chair beside him trying to entice a little girl to sit next to him. It was just precious! He gets so sad when the other child(ren) leave though. So, I looked into putting him into a daycare just very part time, I'm thinking maybe twice a week for 4 hours each time.. what do you all think? I'm just trying to figure out which 4 hour block I want to do exactly.. here is what this day care's schedule looks like:
8-8:30 Snack (or late breakfast)
8:30-9 Free play
9-10 Outside play
10-10:30 Music
10:30-11 Reading
11-11:30 Creative indoor play
11:30-12 Lunch
12-2 Nap
2-2:30 Snack
2:30-3:30 Outside play
3:30-4 Free Play

So, I'm thinking either 8-12 and he can skip the nap there.. that way he'll get to do all the fun stuff with outside play, music and reading etc.. They will also continue working on his potty learning there too. I think he will respond nicely to that because he likes to mimic what other children are doing so if he see's many taking a potty break, he is going to want to do the same.. Oh I think he will enjoy himself imensely getting together with other kids.. Anyone else doing this, or considering it?
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote